New York State Learner's Permit Services
- Specially equipped vehicles used for the lessons.
- 1-2-3 Parking Methods used.
- Special care and teaching for reluctant drivers.
- Free pick-up and drop-off service.
- 5 hours pre-licensing course required by the state of New York DMV Department in order to schedule the road test. MV278 certificate to be issues at the end of the course.
- Preparation and evaluation before the road test appointment.
- Road Test Appointment Schedule: All boroughs of New York and earlier road test dates and times are available.
- Point and Insurance Reduction Course.
- Weekends and Late Evenings Available
4 Point Reduction Program
If you incurred violations during the 18-month period prior to completing the course, up to 4 points will be automatically reduced on your driving record. The point reduction could help you avoid license suspension. It will not, however, cancel mandatory suspension or revocation, (e.g. three speeding convictions within 18 months) nor will it cancel any action already being taken against the motorist's driving privileges.
You may take the New York Safety Program course every 18 months for point reduction purposes.
10% Off Insurance Premium
Upon completion of the Point and Insurance Reduction Program through the New York Safety Program you will be eligible get at least a 10% discount on your Collision and Auto Liability Insurance for 3 full years. Your liability premium includes Property Damage (PD), Body Injury Protection (PIP). This discount will apply to all vehicles for which you are listed as the principal operator.
For more information on how to acquire a New York State learner's permit or driver's license, visit the http://www.dmv.ny.gov